Fresh monthly mixtape for February: sixteen tracks ideal for soundtracking activities such as i those have been participating in this month, including: writing sarcastic letters to government agencies, rediscovering a love for sushi, driving around at night a lot as usual, and admiring the redheaded hawtness of Christina Hendricks from TV's Mad Men.
- Oliver Nelson — "Stolen Moments" (The Blues and the Abstract Truth, Impulse!, 1961)
- Bălănescu Quartet — "Computer Love" (Possessed, Mute, 1992)
- Mountain Goats — "Standard Bitter Love Song #7" (Zopilote Machine, Ajax, 1994)
- Tower of Power — "Only So Much Oil in the Ground" (Urban Renewal, Warner Bros., 1974)
- Saul Williams — "The Government" (MP3 release, 2009)
- Michael Krikorian — "Animal Farm" (2009)
- excerpted from Liz Berg's WFMU show
- incorporating dialogue from Mad Men, S01E08 ("The Hobo Code")
- after hearing this record you will never cook with anything else.