Anyway, i have started working in the office of a cheese factory (don't laugh, fuckers). We don't have a radio and i assume i'm not allowed to listen to music off my phone either, so here is a brief selection of songs i have been amusing myself in singing (or rapping, or sometimes drumming) along to. As a result, it's a bit more song-based than normal, as having to entertain yourself musically in an office doesn't allow for much jazz or wistful ambient soundscapery or drum programming (although Kraftwerk make the cut, as always).
i asked Tjinder Singh if there were written lyrics to "7:20 a.m. Jullander Shere" (or any of the other non-English songs), as otherwise i have to sing along in kind of ridiculous munged approximation of what they sound like. He replied thus:
so yeh: cheers to Tjinder, for inspiring me to come up with some implausible cod-Punjabi of my own.
Next month's mix will be dedicated to the mighty art of the trumpet solo. If you've anything you wanna hear on there, leave me a comment on here or hit me up on the Twitter.
1. The Weakerthans – "Watermark"
2. Sleater-Kinney – "One More Hour"
3. J Dilla – "Reality Check" feat. Black Thought
4. The Wildhearts – "Woah Shit, You Got Through"
5. The Flaming Lips – "Bad Days (Aurally Excited Version)"
6. Kraftwerk – "Autobahn"
7. Aesop Rock – "Dark Heart News" feat. Rob Sonic
8. Elvis Costello & The Attractions – "Oliver's Army"
9. Rufus Wainwright – "Gay Messiah"
10. Tori Amos – "Hey Jupiter"
11. El-P – "T.O.J."
12. The Rolling Stones – "You Can't Always Get What You Want"1
13. Captain Beefheart & the Magic Band – "Candle Mambo"
14. Cornershop – "7:20 a.m. Jullander Shere"
[no others yet cuz it's only February...]
1 Wow, this section of the mix just got extremely lovelorn. Honestly didn't notice that at the time. Happy Valentine's everyone